Thursday, May 5, 2016

Lovely Lilacs


Hello!  Lilacs are such a beautiful and fragrant blossom.  We have a Lilac bush but it does not bloom every year....not very dependable.  I printed Power Poppy's digital image of Lilacs in bloom on white CS and colored with Copics.  The Power Poppy Sentiment was stamped with Memento Pear Tart ink.  I place this on an embossed layer of the same green color and on a card base of Bazzill Lilac textured CS.  Finished with a lovely satin ribbon that I won in a challenge and a handmade bow.
Don't you love the little ladybug on the leaf?...part of the stamp.

Challenges:
The Card Concept: #54 Spring Flowers-I was inspired by the lilacs and colors in the photo. My card is a Clean and Layered style.
Addicted to Stamps and more: Challenge #192 Make your mark. Used Copic Markers.
Fab n Funky Challenges: 303 Use 3 or more Layers.
Mod Squad Challenge: Challenge is April Showers bring May Flowers
Craft-Dee BowZ: May challenge is to use a Handmade Bow
Crazy 4 Challenges: C4C334 Color challenge, See Below.
The Ribbon Girl Challenge: May Card Challenge is Anything Goes with a ribbon



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous card, I love the ribbon and bow you added!!!!

Barbara said...

Nice job of silhouetting the lilac. I see that you got your inspiration from the colors. The touches of ribbon and the frames are wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge. Good luck, and hope to see you again.
Barbara, Mod Squad Challenge Host.

Gail said...

I love lilacs. We grew up with them in our backyard and they smell just so beautiful. Your card is wonderful and the way it brought me back to my childhood makes this card absolutely perfect. Cards should spark something in someone and this one did it for me. I love the bow you added and it's a great embellishment on this pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ for our May challenge! --Gail

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! Love the coloring on the lilac along with the fresh green accents and sentiment- perfect for our inspiration photo! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Monika Reeck said...

I love the color on your card
adorable green accent and the sentiment is sweet
great card
many thanks for joining us at ATSM this week.
Hugs
Monika (DT Member)

Lilian YF said...

This is beautiful! Love the embossed background and the ribbon!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept and ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Pretty card....lovely image...Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky...Joolsx

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)