Friday, May 13, 2016

Good Friends

 
Hello! A few posts ago, I shared a quilt card that I made with a Blossom die and said that I wanted to create a design with 8 wedges for a Dresden Plate pattern.  After working with a Silhouette file, I created a pattern for the size that I wanted.  Using a pattern that I cut with the Cameo, I cut the design from scraps of ODB pattern papers and assembled the design and embossed it with EF Wicker Weave and attached to a Green Circle. Finished the design with circles cut with dies for the center. Assembled the card with a Green Card Base, an embossed (EF Gingham) layer of Ivory CS, and a Repeat Impressions stamp inked with SU Cameo Coral.  Also used the complete stamp verse inside and another scrap of pattern paper. Circle dies are from Spellbinders and EF are from Cuttlebug.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: Challenge DCC511 is to use leftover supplies and papers.
Simon Monday Challenge: Emboss It
Tuesday Throwdown: #293 Thinking of You.  My card is one to send to a friend that you are thinking of.
Crafty Catz: Challenge 324 Dies and Punches.   Circle dies used.


I bought this stamp sometime ago but I think this is the first time that I used it.  I plan to make more quilt designs to use this stamp.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Lovely design! I really like how you embossed the quilt pieces, it adds such a nice touch! Thanks for playing along with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

Cheri said...

Theresa, this fantastic! It's such a creative design and the little touch of "stitching" between the panels is perfect. Thanks for playing along with the challenge at The House That Stamps Built. Love to see your cards!

Sue W said...

This card really reached out to me Theresa! Quilts to me mean comfort, so the perfect design for a card to a missed friend!
You've also used the same principles that were used originally in quilting......,using or re using what's at hand! Love that too.

TRACEY MO said...

This is a stunning card great idea & layout.

Thanks for joining us at tuesday throwdown this week

Tracey dt

Heather said...

Very pretty and the sentiment is a perfect match. Such a great way to use up patterned papers, too. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built (sorry I'm so late in commenting).