Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Birthday with Heart

 

Inside Card
Hello!  I have been MIA the last few days.....I have been visiting my Mother in TN and was away from making cards for a while.   I am trying to catch up with some challenges and have to hurry with this post to meet the deadline at Mod Squad.   This is a One Layer Card made with GKD Heart base CS because I can color with Copics and the ink does not bleed on the inside.  Used smooshing with distress inks to create background.  Inspired by the photo challenge at The House That Stamps Built. The blossoms are more pink in rea life....photo did not capture true colors. 

Supplies: Stamps from Flourishes Cherry Blossoms set, Sentiment from Repeat Impressions, Ink Memento Cocoa Brown, Distress Inks Peeled Paint and Tumbled Glass, Copics, GKD White CS.


Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: One Layer Birthday. Used birthday sentiment inside.
The House That Stamps Built: WIW Photo Challenge M1816. See below.
Retro Rubber: Challenge #39 May Flowers.  Used Flourishes stamp set that I know was released in 2010 and I bought at that time. Repeat Impressions stamp is also over 1 year old.


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so glad you shared this in our Retro Rubber Challenge, Theresa. Wow! Those blossoms are so beautifully inspired by the photo. Love your background. Gosh, six years ago... Even some of my Power Poppy stamps are already two years old. Have a good day!

Joan said...

Gorgeous card. Love the background.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty with the soft colors! Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card! Love the wonderful subtle coloring and the stamps should definitely stay in your stash - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and look forward to seeing you in the gallery soon.

Heather said...

So pretty!! That background is fabulous and really helps capture the feel of our inspriation photo! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Maria A. said...

Hello Theresa: I have this beautiful Cherry Blossom stamp set from Flourishes, I'm so happy you have it too. Your card is beautiful, love the background you created for your pretty Cherry Blossoms, this set is a keeper.
Thank you for playing along at Retro Rubber, hope you join us again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Donna Idlet said...

Hi Theresa, Love your card, love the soft colors and the image is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Katy McGloin said...

Love the soft coloring for this one layer card. And I appreciate the advise on the cardstock that won't bleed with Copics... will have to try that out. I always love seeing your work in our gallery. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber, Theresa!