Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Traveling by Train

Hello!  I made this card using some of my older masculine stamps with a bit of trash...metal trash that is,  to enter into some challenges with a sketch,  colors,  and use of metal request.  I pulled out a GKD stamp set Life is Good that I have had since 2010 and stamped the Train on White CS with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.  I added a sentiment from the same set.  I attached this to a Dark Gray card base and then added striped DCWV pattern paper with my embellishment made with Orange seam binding tape and metal tabs from soda cans.  I thought metal tabs went well with the metal feel of the locomotive.

Challenge:
Retro Rubber: Challenge 37 Feeling Sketchy. The copyright of this stamp is 2009 and I have had since at least 2010. See sketch below.
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday Challenge is Let's Get Trashy
Simon Monday Challenge: Show Us Your Metal
613 Avenue Create Challenge: Anything Goes with Optional Twist-Orange and Blue plus 2 Neutral Colors.  I have Orange and Blue with browns and grays.
Always Playing With Paper Challenge: #70 Masculine Photo Inspiration. I was inspired by the grays and the feel of metal and transportation in the photo.

 

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

11 comments:

Katy McGloin said...

LOVE this masculine card! I kept reading all the way through just to make sure I understood how you did the ribbon treatment. Soda tabs.... ingenious! I have just started with copics and I see you are a pro with them. We also appreciate the mention of the stamp age. Always enjoy seeing your creations in the Retro Rubber gallery!!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Ok, soda can tabs??!!! how fabulously creative!! they look simply awesome. I love this vintage looking image of the locomotive, beautifully colored, perfect card for a young graduate looking ahead to new horizons.
Thank you for playing along with our sketch at Retro Rubber, we hope you come back and play again soon.
Hugs.
Maria.

Sue W said...

PERFECT male card Theresa~

Claire Grantham said...

When I saw this card I thought 'they look like soda tabs' I really wasn't expecting them to be actual soda tabs. AH.MAZING. Love the whole card, your colouring in gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

Fantastic use of all of your elements! The sketch, metal, and colors make for a wonderful masculine card. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The ribbon embellishment is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Donna Idlet said...

Love this masculine card! Love your design with the ribbon, how clever. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the challenge Theresa...love the design and your use of the soda can pulls...genius...thank you for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog...hugs kath xxx

Debbie Mageed said...

Love this fantastic masculine card! The stamp choice is wonderful for our sketch and the soda tops looks great with that ribbon. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and always enjoy seeing you in our gallery!

Patti said...

Wow! fantastic!! I love the metal can tops you used to thread your ribbon!! Brilliant idea : )

Patti

Jane Knudsen said...

What a handsome card! Your coloring is magnificent and I love that touch of metal - especially how you used those pop tops! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!!