Sunday, April 3, 2016

Raining Flowers


What began as a tag also ended up as a card!  I was toying with ideas for an April Shower theme and decided to cut an umbrella on my Cameo using a Silhouette file.  I cut all the pieces in white CS and used  as patterns to cut layers in Yellow Vellum and Floral Pattern paper.  I colored the handle and tip with Copics before assembling the umbrella.  I thought using the vellum as the top layer gave a glossy look to the umbrella and I loved how the floral colors showed through.  I cut the tag from Ivory CS and matted in Turquoise CS.  The sentiment from Creative Vision  What's Shaking? was stamped in Memento Teal Zeal.  I filled the umbrella with flowers that I fussy cut from another coordinating pattern and added the bow of Seam Binding tape to a punched hole on the tag.  I love using patterned papers.....they make a design come to life.
Playing with a challenge from Tuesday Morning Sketches (below), I simply turned my tag into a card by using a panel of the same floral Pattern Paper as a layer that I embossed with Darice EF Flower Frenzy and attached it to a card base of the Turquoise CS.  I also completed the inside with another pattern paper edged and stamped with Memento Potter's Clay ink using the verse that completed the verse on the front. Pattern Papers are from MME Collectable pad.
Challenges:
Tag You're It! Challenge: #44 by Nancy Penir
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #345 by Jessi Fogan
Really Reasonable Ribbon:  Challenge #138 Flowers plus use of ribbon, trim, or lace.
Die Cut Diva's: April challenge is to make a project you associate with April. That would be April Showers and Flowers
Simon Monday Challenge: We can see clearly. Use acetate, vellum,  or anything you can think of that is a little transparent. I used yellow vellum om my umbrella. Floral paper shows through.
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says anything goes.
Crafty Ribbons Challenge: #147 Tag It! Make a handmade tag with ribbon. 
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use patterned papers
Craft-Dee Bow Z: April challenge is Anything Goes with a Handmade bow.
 
 
 Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa
 

18 comments:

artful-notions said...

Love the floral 'vinyl' feel to your gorgeous umbrella! I'm so intrigued with the handle, and how you got it to look like tortoise shell. Bravo! Lovely tag/card! Thanks for playing along at TYI!

Jenée said...

Super card. I really like how you matched the background flower colors with the flowers in your umbrella. The whole card -- colors, patterns, sentiments and use of the sketch work beautifully together. Thank you for joining us at TMS this week.

Pollard Carole said...

What a lovely tag such a pretty design Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons Challenge love and hugs Carole x

Michelle N. said...

I love that you turned the tag into a card! Very pretty design-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's April Challenge!

Maura Hibbitts said...

Theresa, I love how you turned the umbrella upside down and filled it with flowers - it looks awesome!! Thanks for joining our Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Your tag turned into an adorable card! I like how you pulled the umbrella together with vellum. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful tag
Thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

Debbie said...

Sweet card! I love your bow and that sentiment!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

creationsnz said...

What a lovely April spring card. We hope you join us again, Carol & the Die Cut Divas

Marybeth said...

I often add my tags to cards, and yours is darling! Love that beautiful background patterned paper you used! Such a sweet sentiment and so true!

Barbara Bruder said...

I love it when a plan morphs into something else. I love that you added that cute tag onto the card. I need to remember to try that. What a pretty card. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Teresa Kline said...

hello! an adorable tag, super sweet!I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this umbrella full of flowers! The yellow vellum is a great idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Tag You're It!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous sentiment, thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Arlene said...

Love having an umbrella full of flowers. Beautiful card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Teresa. You are so creative, and that umbrella is the cutest. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents wtih us in our Flowers and Ribbon Challenge. We hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen, DT Member
Really Reasonable Ribbon

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Bonnie Garby said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Anja Curvers said...

WoW this is really adorable. Thank you for joining us over at tag You're it.