Monday, April 4, 2016

Playing Around

 
Hello!   This card was not made for any special purpose.  I had been looking for a Window Die to buy and finally realized why not just use the Cameo to cut a window.  That way I can adjust the size, style, and design to fit whatever I need.  There were several files to choose from and I chose one that has 4 different designs.  I cut several frames from one piece of paper so now I have a stash on hand.
I made this card (just playing around) using 2 embossing folders-Gingham EF for the wall to place my cut window and Birds and Swirls EF for the window scene.  Simply colored the birds and branches with marker after embossing blue CS. Finished by stamping sentiment (Repeat Impressions stamp) on a piece of the white CS left over from cutting the windows.
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: WIW Anything Goes Challenge
Less Is More: Color Challenge 270 White Space but not White

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

9 comments:

Chrissie said...

Lots of lovely yellow 'white space' here Theresa and the subject matter would have fitted for last week's challenge of 'What's outside your window?'
Great idea to cut the frame on your Cameo!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Esther said...

What a cheerful and pretty card! I love that embossing folder, and the window scene is fab.

Susan said...

Nice happy card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Sid said...

Great card I love your background colour choice and embossing !

Viv's Visuals said...

Great embossing and a really cheerful card!

Karen Ashbrook said...

Such a lovely card, the window really draws in the eye. Karen x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful elegance here Theresa and a pretty colour choice
Thanks for playing along and sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Heather said...

This is so fun!! What a great little scene; love the texture from that embossing folder. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. (sorry I'm so late in commenting!)

Neets B said...

Such a feel good card. Love the pretty yellow background and the scene through the window.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More