Monday, April 25, 2016

Flying By to Say Hi


Hi!  Today I am sharing a card with a tag and dragonfly theme.  I cut the tag using a Spellbinder Die but trimmed it to make it the shape that I wanted. I inked the tag with Distress Ink Stormy Sky, Broken China and SU Bordering Blue. I then stamped the Dragonfly on to the tag and then attached a Dragonfly stamped on Vellum with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP.  This was cut with a die....stamp and die are from a set by Creative Die.  The Papers and Such sentiment was stamped with SU Night of Navy ink.  I finished with a card base of Turquoise CS and a layer of MME Pattern Paper. I loved  when I found the perfect paper to go with the tag.  I usually start with the paper first as color inspiration but I kind of worked backward here.

Challenges:
Tag You're It Challenge: #45 Create a tag inspired by tag created by Carol Mayne. I was inspired by her layout, ombre background of tag, and the dragonfly theme. See Photo below
Virginia's View Challenge: Theme is Friendship
Happy Little Stampers: April Mixed Media Challenge-Wings.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Patterned Paper
Butterfly Challenge: #53 Butterfly plus T for Texture and/or Teal.  My butterfly (dragonfly that is) has texture.  I think there is what might be considered teal or close to it.




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your textured dragon fly is fab and looks lovely with the design paper. I always do it this way and then have to hunt high and low to find paper that is suitable. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered into the draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna said...

Your background is just perfect for this tag :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It...

Kara Lynne said...

Your golden dragonfly is wonderful! I love that you stamped it on the tag and then on vellum to give it that great dimension. Beautiful card, Theresa! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Sid said...

Great card !!

Marybeth said...

It's gorgeous ! Love the detail on the gold dragonfly! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It, Theresa!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the gold! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Barb said...

A very pretty tag card Theresa and what lovely colours. Barbxx

Rebecca Gillard said...

Lovely!! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

Kimbo said...

I love your flying dragonfly - very effective

Thanks for entering the Butterfly challenge this time, Kim guest DT x

Juhi said...

What a beautiful card, love the colors! Thank you so for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge. Hope to see you again soon!