Thursday, March 24, 2016

Have A Mice Day!


Hello!  This card made my DH laugh so I guess he is having a Mice Day?   I made this for the Sketch Challenge #144 at From The Heart which has a Twist to Make a Masculine card.  You can use the sketch or the twist or use both.   I selected some patterns and colors which I think are masculine and with the sketch, I featured the digital stamps from Mouse Balloon set which was a freebie at From The Heart shop.  I printed the mouse on white CS and colored him (yes, he is a masculine mouse) with Copics and sponged with Memento Peanut Brittle ink.  I cut this with a Spellbinder circle die with the balloon extended.  I added some glossy accents to the balloon.  I assembled the card with a Rust CS Card Base, a layer of BasicGrey Pattern Paper chosen because of the mice in the pattern, the printed From the Heart Sentiment, and a strip of dry embossed Yellow Gold CS.  I finished with a cutout from the pattern paper showing the mice.

Other challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use patterned paper on your project.
Doodle Pantry Blog: Ants In My Pants Digital Challenge #16 Anything Goes with a Digital Image
Cute Card Thursday: Challenge #418  To Die For-use any type of die. I used circle die.

 Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

9 comments:

Borqna said...

BRAVO!
Good luck!

Karen Steele said...

What a sweet card! The patterned paper is really cute too! Thank you for joining us at From the Heart Stamps in our weekly sketch challenge!

Kathy S said...

Hey Theresa! Thanks for joining us for Sketch 144 at From The Heart Stamps this week. I love the shading you've achieved on your balloon. Great work.

Dawn Frost said...

Cute Mouse and great background paper! Thanks for joining us for AIMPDC #15 hope to see you again! Dawn Doodle Pantry DT.

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Brenda said...

Wow! Perfect paper for this little cute. It made me smile. Thanks for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps sketch challenge!

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

OMG... Perfect paper for the perfect image!!! Love the collaboration of the two and your beautiful coloring!! Thanks for joining us at FTH Sketch #144!

Catie Cuddles said...

How cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting! Catherine ( DT ) x

Catie Cuddles said...

How cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting! Catherine ( DT ) x