Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Gull Greetings

 
Hello!  I have been playing with the Photo Challenge from Just Us Girls and came up with a Seashell filled card with a Gull on the pier. I was inspired by the colors and shapes in the photo.   I used stamps from Gina K Design inked on Ivory CS and colored with Copics.  Added white accents with White Uni-ball pen. I stamped a couple of Starfish and fussy cut to pop up on the shells.   Added some "rope" to the pier posts.  Sponged water on edge with teal ink.  The card base is a Turquoise CS.  Other supplies used: Memento Rich Cocoa, Espresso Truffle Inks, SU Taken with Teal, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral. GKD Stamps from Gifts of the Sea,  Inspiration Mosaic, and Gull from Grab Bag.
 
Challenges:
Just Us Girls Challenge: Photo Week #336
Allsorts Challenge Blog: Week 356 Wings
Shopping Our Stash: #245 Something for the big or biggest boy.
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes for Birthday or use toppings of Water.  I do have water beneath the shells.
Mod Squad Challenge: Use a water theme. I chose the sea for my card featuring seashells, sea bird, and seawater.

 


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa


11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful inspired card -- great seagull - Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Barbara said...

I have always liked this stamp from GKD and I really like what you did on this card. Specially the details on the bottom. Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Barbara DT member.

Donna said...

Great card, love the gull! Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "For the Boys" challenge this week!

Olga Jewell said...

Gorgeous!!

Nancy said...

You were certainly inspired by the card Theresa! Love the added rope and the shells cascading the bottom. Thanks for joining the girls and I again at JUGS!

brenda said...

A great creation with the Seagull for our Wings theme Theresa, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Wendy L said...

Fab card, not often we see gulls, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Karen Hightower said...

Beautiful card! I love your image and the seashells. Thanks for playing along this week at Mod Squad! :)

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Super cute and I love the addition of the twine. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Helene E said...

This is a wonderful project, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

lauren bergold said...

what a lovely card, so beautifully made! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥