Thursday, March 24, 2016

Going Gingham


Hello! Do you ever wonder how a card design evolves.  I began this card knowing that I wanted to use some type of gingham on the design.  I had a piece of black and white gingham satin ribbon on my work area so I thought I'd start with that.  I thought maybe red would be a good color to use but then I came across this GKD pattern paper form Berries and Vines and thought this contemporary design looked good with the gingham.  Then I found the leaf stamp from GKD A Year of Flower 2 that mimics the shape of the leaf in the paper. And that looks good with the Lily stamp from the same set.  I matched up the color of the pattern with Copics to color the leaves  and tried to stay in the same tones for the lily.  I then match the elements up using a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches and came up with the finished design. 
Other Supplies: DCWV Chartreuse CS, White and Black CS, Ribbon from stash, Spellbinders Oval  Scallop Oval, and Rectangle Dies, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Orange Glaze Pen.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday Challenge - Going Gingham
Tuesday Morning Sketches: #344 by Debbie shown below.
Mod Squad Challenge: Springtime-used spring colors and flower








Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Great card! I really liked reading how it came about. The lily looks really pretty with the paper and gingham ribbon. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. x Wanda

Lisa Babitz said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing how your card evolved; I loved hearing about all the thought that went into your design. Your lily image goes perfectly with the background paper you chose, and the soft colors with the black and white are perfect! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

Debbie said...

I love this card!! Pretty paper and image, and that gingham ribbon is just perfect!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

I really love your card Theresa and how one thing lead to another after you decided to use the gingham ribbon! It is so fresh and well put together every choice you made on colors, stamps etc is just perfect. Thanks for joining us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches :o)