Sunday, March 20, 2016

Dramatic Christmas Card

 
Welcome to my studio!  I know that it is almost Easter, so why am I making Christmas cards?  The reason is the challenge at Merry Monday inspired me to design this card.  We are to make a Christmas card with Black, White,  Gray/Silver.   The photo reminded me of a Mark's Finest Papers set Ice & Snow.  I stamped the trees with Memento Tuxedo Black and heat embossed with Clear EP and then over stamped the upper part with Versamark and embossed with Zing Silver Metallic EP to create the look of ice glistening on the trees.  I added a sentiment from Penny Black's Wonder Collection using the black ink and clear EP.  After trimming the image, I used Pilot Silver marker around the edges and attached it to a dark gray textured card base.  I like the contemporary feel of this card.  Sorry my photo has some distortion, but it is straight IRL.
 
Challenges:
Merry Monday Christmas Challenge: #196 use Black, White, Gray/Silver
ABC Christmas Challenge: F is for Frills or no Frills.  No frills on my card....just basic stamping and embossing techniques.
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: #355 Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge: 273 Cute or Anything Goes as long as it is Christmas
 
Have a great day!  I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you double embossed the trees Theresa. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

This is stunning and elegant, Theresa! What a beautiful, peaceful scene! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 273 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x

Brenda said...

You've created such a lovely, peaceful scene, so perfect for a Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this card, Theresa! Lovely scene! Thank you for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Sheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheryl said...

I adore this almost monochromatic card. It has a sereen feel about it. One very classy card!
Good to have you join us at CRAFT challenge this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Betty Keefe said...

your card is amazing - almost looks like a photograph - beautifully don - looks like a winner to me!!

Cindy M said...

Love this card, fantastic look!!

sweet art designs said...

Gorgeous B&W card. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Lorraine A said...

Stunning card Theresa! I just absolutely LOVE this! simply gorgeous and a great take on the inspiration photo! WOW!

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Dot said...

Gorgeous christmas card, Theresa, love your embossing.
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge, and good luck in the draw.
Dorte x