Saturday, March 26, 2016

Christmas Church

Front of Card Highlights the Church
Inside Card

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge Take Me to the Church is to make a Christmas Card with a church on it.  I have used an old PSX stamp Christmas Village for my design.  I stamped only a portion of the stamp on the inside of a White Card base to make the church the center of the design and colored the scene with markers, a white gel pen, and a Stardust pen.  On the front of the card I die cut a square window to expose only the church on the inside.  I framed that with a open square cut from Sage Green CS.  I stamped a Spellbinders Sentiment with SU Always Artichoke ink.  I also added a strip of the Green CS heat embossed with Silver EP with another Spellbinders Sentiment to finish the inside.  (Looks better IRL). The strip extends beneath the front of the card when closed.
 I have made many cards with this PSX stamp and each one has been a different design.

Other Challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes for Christmas
Craftyfhazelnut's Christmas Card Challenge: #274 Use a sentiment

Stamp shown as is.


Have a great day! I love reading your comments.
Theresa

9 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

That is a great stamp to use for a window card! Really great idea!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful window card - just love how you featured the church! I spotted this beauty at Merry Monday and had to stop by to comment.

Margaret said...

what a great idea!!

Bonnie said...

I love this clever, layout, Theresa! Love that church peeking through on the front of the card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, Theresa! Love your church and the card design! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Margaret said...

A lovely card - very clever design.

Linda said...

Great layout and so pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.