Sunday, February 21, 2016

Improvising Card

Hello! Just a quick post to share a card that I was trying to improvise for a resist emboss challenge.   As I have no embossing powder or heat gun with me in my remote "studio",  I played with a glaze pen to try to create the look of emboss resist technique on this card.  But then I only have colored glaze pens and no clear one that I wanted to use.  So it did not turn out as I hoped but the results were a pretty card.  Supplies used:  GKD Stippled Nature set, DI Fossilized Amber and Stormy Sky, White CS, Shiny Yellow Card Stock, MME Stripe Pattern Paper, Yellow Glaze Pen.  The Yellow card base is much better in real life...shiny and brighter.  I decided this did not substitute for the technique but I like the card.

Challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown: #281 Layer It Up
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern paper on your project

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

No comments: