Sunday, January 24, 2016

Candy for My Valentine


Hello!  It is interesting how some ideas for card challenges come so quickly and others take a lot of thought.   When I saw the Retro Rubber Challenge sketch shown below, I immediately thought of a stamp from Flourishes that dates back to 2012.  It was a stamp of a Heart Shape box of candy ....I guess it was the double heart in the sketch that brought it to mind.  I stamped the sentiment and box on white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics and Glaze pens. I added some Glossy Accents to the Candy to give some dimension.  I used Clear Snap Red and Gold Foils for the strips on the right side which I adhered with Scor-tape.  Added some gold sequins for even more sparkle.  The card base is Gold Metallic CS.

Challenges:
Retro Rubber Challenge #30: Getting Sketchy with stamps from 2012.
Crafty Sentiments: Theme is Valentine
Addicted to Stamps and More: Make Your Mark-used Copics and Glaze Pens
613 Avenue Create: Challenge #160 Anything Goes


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Theresa: Oh my gosh!! I have this Flourishes set, I love it. I own a ton of this gorgeous stamps by Marcella Hawley from when she was a designer for Flourishes.
I just love the way you colored this image and the elegant touch of gold and red, this is a perfectly elegant and romantic Valentine.
Thank you for sharing on the Retro Rubber gallery.

Maria Rodriguez.

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful CAS card Theresa. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Debbie Mageed said...

Dare I say that this is such a SWEET card?! LOL I love all of the wonderful details that make this a great Valentine's card. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will play again soon!

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, I want to dive into that box of chocolates LOL. Great use of the sketch, thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Bobby said...

All that gold and foil makes a very elegant card, Theresa. Thanks for sharing it at ATSM this week.

Christine Traversa said...

Looooove the glossy accents and the foil. What a great card. Wish I had a stamp like that! Such a great card, thanks for doing the challenge!

Shona Chambers said...

Your colouring of the chocolates is beautiful and love the foil detailing along the side, really catches the eye!! So very glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

Karen said...

This is so beautiful!
I love your colouring of this image and your card layout too.


Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs and good luck!
Hugs,
Karen.DT.xx

Katy McGloin said...

My goodness this is such an elegant Valentine's card! Love the shimmer and shine of the gold cardstocks and your coloring is wonderful. We appreciate you adding the history of your stamps... just wish I had one in my collection too! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber this week. We always look forward to your entries!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Lovely! Now I am hungry for Valentine's candy! So beautiful and detailed! Very impressive! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!!

Neva Cole said...

Lovely Valentine, the image along with the shimmer is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Donna Idlet said...

Live the touch if shimmer in your card! Thanks for joining Retro Rubber!