Friday, January 22, 2016

A Chilly Time on the Prairie


Yes it is COLD!!! And I was inspired by a photo challenge at The House That Stamps Built to create this card.  My card is a bit reminiscent of the House on the Prairie.  When I saw the inspiration photo below, I immediately thought of some Repeat Impressions stamps that I have not used since I bought them a few weeks ago.  I pulled out the Log Cabin, Shade of the Elm (tree), Clouds and sentiment stamps and began with a Blue CS panel.  Using the technique of masking  I stamped the cabin and 2 elm trees (minus the chairs and shade) with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and stamped and embossed the clouds with Brilliance Moonlight White ink and White Puff EP.   I colored the cabin and trees with brown pencils and a yellow glaze pen.  I then played with Liquid Pearls and Frosted Lace Stickles to get the snowy effect that I wanted. I also sponged some white on the sky.  I liked the card at this point and made a photo shown above.  But then I stamped a sentiment "Time To Chill Out" with a cloud just for a bit of Humor. I fussy cut and temporarily  attached the sentiment  to the card for a second photo below.   I am not sure if I will use with or without a sentiment.  Any Thoughts?
I finished with a Bright Blue Mat on a Card Base of Chocolate Brown.



Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built:
WIW Photo Inspiration J2016
Addicted to Stamps and More:
Challenge is Make Your Mark.  I used pencils, glaze pen and a lot of stickles(used almost as a paint)
Double D Challenges: New challenge that looks fun. Winter time theme...used snowy trees from the tile below.
Winter Wonderland: Use something new.  The cabin and tree stamps are new for me.










Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

11 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

beautiful card, looks like that out window........

Darlene said...

What a fabulous creation Teresa! Yes it does look like 'Little House' and just so well done! Great job! I'm so glad you have found our fun, new challenge blog! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Double D Challenges! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Melissa L. said...

Great use of the Liquid Pearls and Frosted Lace Stickles to get the pretty snowy scene, Theresa. Lovely. Thanks for playing along at ATSM MYM this week. Melissa

Vicki robertson said...

Teresa, this is a great winter scene! The texture on your clouds makes them look real. Love the cabin stamp. Thanks for joining the Double D Challenge!

Kathy S said...

OMG - this is SO COOL!! Such a wonderful way to bring the photo to life! Great job. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The House That Stamps Built.

Diane said...

Beautiful scene...such pretty 'cool' detail! Thank you for joining our Double D 'Brrr' challenge!
Diane DD DT

Creative world said...

Really beautiful scene and the cabin stamp is stunning...thank you for joining us at ATSM this week...Željka X

Heather said...

It's practically perfect match!! Great job on our photo challenge. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Patti J said...

Wow! This is so pretty, Theresa! What a great job showcasing your RI stamps! Thanks for sharing with us at The House That Stamps Built!

Cheri said...

Theresa, you nailed this challenge with this card. I don't have that stamp in my collection, but it's now on my wish list. Love how you captured the essence of the inspiration. Thanks for playing along with us at The House!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A wonderful card. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Winter Wonderland Challenge. Marlene DT