Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Quilted Christmas Greetings

Hello!  I have been too busy to post the past few days.  I finished Christmas cards that I made for my Mother to mail a couple weeks ago but never showed here.  Thought I would enter for some of the Christmas challenges.  I am not too happy abut this photo... the card is very straight but the camera distortion makes it look out of shape. And I had sent off the cards before I realized how bad the photo was. OOPS! so I could not remake.

Since my Mother has made many lovely quilts, I decided to design her cards with a Quilt Theme.  I used squares from pattern papers from Authentique Collection Wonder pad with Cream CS and Cherry Red Card base to create the layout.  I used embossing on the background as well as the quilt squares.  Finished with a sentiment stamp from Power Poppy and some Green Gems.  I completed a total of 30 cards in this design. The inside was finished with a printed greeting.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls Challenge: #322 Word Week Merry
Clear it Out Challenge:  Theme and Stash are Anything Goes. Cleared out  a lot of paper in my stash and gems.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything goes with Christmas Theme



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Ina G said...

This is such a lovely card. My sister is a quilter and she would love your composition. So very Christmasy. It is a shame when our cards are photographed they don't always look as good as they should. Your Mother will have loved your cards and been thrilled that you made them in her chosen craft style. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Just Us Girls.

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

I am a quilter too. Love your pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

memorial garden benches said...

I love quilts! Your design is pretty. You have a lovely card. I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great pattern use for your quilt type panel - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Clear It Out's Anything Goes Challenge. Lisa DT

Heather said...

Very pretty!! And what a great way to use up some scraps. Your quilting mother will love this. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.