Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Happy New Year

Hello!   Another rainy day!  Better to stay in and play with paper.  
I was playing  with some embossing to make a card for Stamp TV's Mix It Up Monday Challenge-Emboss is Boss.  I stamped the Cardinal from GKD's Peace and Joy with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then embossed with Clear EP.  I like how clear embossing on black ink  looks and use it often rather than using black EP which can be messy.  I learned that tip from some of my stamping club friends.  After coloring with Copics, I added versamark to the Holly leaves and embossed with the Clear EP to give shine.  I used Versamark Pen on the uncolored berries and embossed with Red EP. If that was not enough embossing, I dry embossed the Pattern Paper that I used as a frame with Cuttlebug EF Gingham.  Sorry to say the embossing does not show up as well I'd like, but it is there. I also heat embossed the Peace and Joy Sentiment with Gold EP....this shows up well enough. 
Other Supplies: Neenah White CS, Pebbles Pattern Paper, Spellbinder Die, Wink of Stella, Misti.
I included this second photo to give another angle ( for some reason the left edge of the card shows a camera distortion that I could not straighten).
 
Other challenges:
Crafty Sentiments: Happy New Year Challenge
Stamp Ink Paper: Challenge #28 Anything but Christmas.
 
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa


5 comments:

Patricia Alvarez said...

Beautiful card. Great idea embossing the cardinal. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Good luck!!! Patricia.

Gingin said...

Theresa your Cardinal is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Hi Theresa, a Happy New Year card. What a great idea. Love your colouring of this stamp. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper and I wish you a Happy New Year too. Carolyn xx

Tina Riddle said...

Theresa, your cardinal is so pretty and is lovely on your Happy New Year card! Hope this year is full of Happiness for you! Thanks so much for joining us at SIP for our Anything But Christmas Challenge!

laurigami said...

Lovely bird and card. Thank you so for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs laurigami