Saturday, December 19, 2015

Birthday Card with Colors


Welcome!  This card is for the Release Party Challenge at Stamp TV.  We are to create a card with 5 or more colors.  I chose to use a GKD stamp from A Year of Borders that I colored with Memento Markers Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Lady Bug,  Lulu Lavender, New Sprout, and Rose Bud after I stamped the border with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on White CS.  I cut the words with Cheery Lynn Dies on the White CS layer and attached the white layer to a Green card base.  The hard part was attaching the white bits of the cut letters to the words.   I guess it would have been simpler to just cut the words  in the Green CS, but I chose the difficult way.   I like the way it came out.

Challenges:
Stamp TV: Release Challenge GIVEME5
Mod Squad Challenge: Make anything but a Christmas Card
Simon Wednesday Challenge:  Simon says Die Crazy



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

Delightful design! The colors really pop! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

Judy Woodland said...

Well I like the way it came out too. I bet the reverse die cut is really stunning, and yes, I can imagine what a fuss it was to glue the little bits on. Your card is just so cheery and pretty with all the different colors. And I love the clean and simple design with the bright colors. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge