Saturday, November 21, 2015

Scenic View with Reflection

 
 

Hello!  Today I have a scenic card which I have not made in awhile.  But I love creating them because I am never sure as to how they will turn out.   My inspiration is from the  Photo Challenge N1815  at the House That Stamps Built  (shown on right). I made this card using Repeat Impressions stamp Rocky Shore Vista which I stamped on White CS with Memento Black ink.  I created the scene by sponging layers of colors on the sky and water.  I colored the images all black because I wanted it dark.  The sentiment also from Repeat Impressions is  a portion of a verse as I only wanted it to read Happy Birthday.  I stamped it with black ink and heat embossed with Clear EP----I do that a lot lately as it makes the words show up shiny.  Supplies Used: Distress Inks Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Spun Sugar, Stormy Sky. Memento Summer Sky and Tuxedo Black ink, Pencils, Bazzill Blue Textured CS, Black CS, Black Micron Pen.
 
Other Challenges:
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge: #302 Shades of Blue
Creative Corner Challenge: Theme  Happy  Birthday
Seize the Birthday: Anything goes with Birthday Theme

Below is a second version of this card.....on watercolor paper.  I water colored  the  background first with the distress inks and then stamped the Rocky Shore stamp using the Misti to line the stamp up.   I finished this one in the same way but used a darker blue card base.   This one is more artistic with an impressionist feel.  Do you favored one over the other?

 
 
Is my card a sunrise or sunset scene?  I had a sunrise in mind as I created this card but my DH said that it looks more like a sunset!  I guess it could be either...just determine if you are looking to the east or the west.
 

This is a sunrise photo that I made in Florida
which has more orange and red but I was also thinking of this when I made the card.



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa


9 comments:

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty scene! It looks very peaceful there. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

sara denyer said...

Such a serene birthday card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!
Sara DT

sara denyer said...

Such a serene birthday card! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!
Sara DT

Kathy S said...

Magnificent scene and glorious interpretation of the photo inspiration at The House That Stamps Built. Always great to see your cards! Good luck.

Heather said...

Ooo very pretty! Since you asked, I think I prefer the first one; but the water colored one is cool, too. And I agree with your husband, they look like sunsets to me, but either way, they are fabulous! Such a great take on our photo inspiration challenge. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

tilly said...

what a lovely setting for your card, very serene, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Fiona said...

What beautiful scenes you have created. I prefer the first one also, but they are both lovely.

Jodene said...

Your card is simply gorgeous Theresa, I love your scene! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Cheri said...

Theresa, your cards are works of art.....I adore the first one, while the water color is something worthy of framing. Gorgeous both of them. I'm seeing a sunrise in your photo....probably because I love new beginnings. So happy to see your entries in the challenges at The House.