Saturday, November 7, 2015

Light Up My Christmas



Hello!  I have been playing with glossy card stock to make this Christmas card with Candles cut from creamy white glossy CS on the Cameo using a Silhouette File.  I added a touch of glitter with Gold EP on the candles and Gold Foil on the Flames.  On my background of a glossy lustrous Oyster Pearl CS, I heat embossed  MFP Pine Cone and sentiment stamps with Zing Chestnut EP and colored the image with Copics.   I attached the die cut Candles to this and then on to a Dark Brown card base.   I was not that pleased with my choice of sentiment because the word Christmas is a rather funky font and does not show that well in the photo.

Challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room: Week# 263 Thankful.  I was inspired by the candles and pine cones and the colors of the inspiration photo.  In real life the card has a lot of texture in the embossed pine cones.
Simon Monday Challenge: Challenge is So Glossy.  I got my glossy on with 2 Glossy Card stocks and a shiny foil for the flames.
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week 286 Getting Ready for Christmas.  I have another card ready for Christmas mailing.
Clear It Out Challenge: Theme: Halloween or Christmas cards. Stash:  Die Cuts.  Use Silhouette Cut File with Cameo.
Shopping Our Stash: SOS #226 Light my fire. Used candles.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

Maura Hibbitts said...

Lovely card for the holiday! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

Leslie Hanna said...

Beautiful candles! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Barbara Godden said...

gorgeous candles, Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for "light my fire"

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Donna said...

Lovely card, those candles are perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Light My Fire" challenge!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, those candles are so perfect for this challenge! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (light!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Diane said...

Beautiful card...fits the theme so well! Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room for our Thankful challenge!
Diane TSTR DT