Saturday, October 3, 2015

World Card Making Day

 
Hello! As today is World Card Making Day, I must spend the day or some of it making cards.  And since it has been raining all day,  what else is a girl to do?  House cleaning, ironing....NOT!  I thought I'd join in the fun at Power Poppy and make a card for their challenge.  Check it out at Power Poppy-The Blog.
How to Play: Make sure to use all 3 Elements                     
1. Use the sketch as inspiration
2. Use non-traditional colors to create  a holiday card
3. Add a  little sparkle or bling
 
Below is my card that I made with Power Poppy Poinsettia Stamp Set.  I stamped the image with Memento Espresso Truffle ink and colored with Copics and used Wink of Stella and Sakura Clear Star Pen for some sparkle. Following the challenge sketch, I used pattern papers from Fancy Pants Timbergrove pad, Cheery Lynn Doily Die, a Nesties Oval Die to create the elements for my design.   The sentiment was stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink and edged with a Copic.  To finish, I added some rhinestones to the center of the flower and a snowflake.  They were added to make sure I had some bling that showed since the sparkle on the image is hard to see in the photo. Kraft, Mint Green, White card stocks were used along with several patterns.
 
 
 
How do card makers using Wink of Stella  and Clear Star pen photograph the sparkle  to show in their photos?
I have about given up trying to capture in photos of my cards.
Love  hearing your comments. Thanks for stopping by.
Theresa

3 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Theresa: Your card is beautiful, the lovely Poinsettia image done in this shade of blue looks gorgeous. Love the pop of red of the berries.
Now, I love Wink of Stella but it's very, very difficult to photograph, when I use it, I kind of tilt my card a little so the light of the lamp hits the card just right and then, take the picture. I always take 2 pictures, one of the whole card and one close up, the Wink of Stella always shows a little better on the close up. I hope this helps, it sometimes works for me.
Thank you for sharing your card at the Power Poppy challenge.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Maria Rodriguez said...

I wanted to thank you again for visiting my blog Theresa, it's a thrill to find another Flourishes fan.
Did you know that the designer for Flourishes was Marcella Howley? When Flourishes closed it's doors, I was very sad and disappointed, I thought: "Now what? were am I going to find stamps like these?" So, when I learned that Marcella created her own company I was thrilled.
Thank you again for visiting.
Hugs,
Maria.

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely gorgeous Theresa! I love the serene feel of the blue and bit of bling you added just to make that beautiful flower POP! Thanks for playing along with us gals over at Power Poppy! :-)