Thursday, October 29, 2015

Wise Old Owl


Hello my friends!  I seldom create more than one card for the same challenge, but when I show my DH the graphic, shown below right, for The Shabby Tea Room challenge, my DH spotted the owl on the upper right corner.  I thought...why not make him a card that features an owl and I had the perfect  embellishment to feature.  I recently won a package of embroidered embellishments from Brenda at craftybrensembroideredtoppers.weebly.com including this adorable Owl.   I used some of the same elements that I used in my first card for the challenge.  I simply  made the card with Darice EF Pine Branches, a Strip of Polka Dot pattern, a Mark Finest Papers stamp, and the Owl.. 
Other supplies: Memento Rich Cocoa and Tangelo inks, Light Gray CS, Scrap of Brown CS, Fussy Cut Branch, Glossy Accents for adhesive.

Challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room: Challenge is Week #262 Colors and Patterns. My Owl is just the right colors for this challenge.
City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week 285 Creatures of the Night.
My Owl may now be spooky but he is cute!

So this card is for my DH.....he is just a bit of a hoot, but....he is really  more a Wise Old Owl.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So fun, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Patti J said...

What fun! I saw that photo, and never even noticed that owl. How clever you and your DH are, and that's a fabulous owl! Hugs...

Marina said...

I love the colours and patterns you've used here and the embroidered owl is the perfect star. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!