Monday, October 5, 2015

Traveling by Camper


Hello!  Today this card was inspired by Challenge 24 at Retro Rubber which has a Travel Theme.  When I saw the graphic, I thought of a Flourishes stamp set "S'more Fun"  that I won a couple years ago and never used.  I know it is old because I won it shortly before Flourishes went out of business.....I so love their stamps.
 Anyhoo, back to my card...I stamped the Camper with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the image with a bunch of Copics and Memento Markers and even added some Glossy Accents to the windows and pots. After cutting the image with a circle die and then a rectangle die which I did not like, I freehand cut the image and placed on Navy CS and then on to some leftover scrapbook paper of a map.  Finished with some old Creative Imagination stickers from stash and attached to Navy card base.

A fun card ...maybe to send to someone leaving on a trip or even retiring.

My DH asked what state was the map for and I had no idea. It appears it might actually be part of Ohio not far from our home.

I have never traveled or stayed in a camper and do not have any desire to do so.  My idea of camping out is a motel with all the amenities of home.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Katy McGloin said...

LOL, Theresa... my idea of traveling is very similar to yours! However, this camper trailer is so sweet and I especially love that you fussy cut it. The map background paper is genius! Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week... see you again in the gallery!!

Mojca said...

Waw looks really gorgeous! thank you for joining us at ABC Challege. Hugs! Mojca

Claire Grantham said...

Theresa you are preaching to the converted - I too am of a similar mind to you with campers, tents, etc..why sleep in a field when there are hotels... I love your card, the map background is genius. Thanks for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

What a fun camping card! You did a lovely job with the colors and glossy accents. I happen to like camping in my RV :) I can cook the food I want for my family and be on the road enjoying the sights! I might have this old map paper myself. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Debbie Mageed said...

"My idea of camping is a Holiday Inn!" - that's what my mother said to us growing up. Now I understand where she is coming from. I don't think I could enjoy it now either. Your card is adorable though and I love all of the details. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon!

Christine Traversa said...

Love how you included the map! So clever! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!