Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sketch Challenge at Retro Rubber

 
Hello Everyone!  I am thrilled to  have again won  the opportunity to be a guest designer at the Retro Rubber challenge blog. The challenge this week is a Sketch Challenge, shown in the graphic above.  The fabulous ladies have asked me to join them for this challenge using a stamp that is at least 1 year or old.    Please visit their blogs to check out their great designs.
 
 
 Since I have been working on Holiday Cards, I decided to use the Sketch with an old 1999 Inkadinkado (discontinued)  stamp of "Snowman Family" from Michael's  by Alma Lynne Designs.
I used a bunch of Copics to color the Family after stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on White CS. After rounding the corners of the image, I framed with a pattern paper and then layered onto another one and a White Card base. I stamped the word JOY with Martha Stewart Alphabet Letters and popped up on the card.
Other Supplies: Versamark, Red EP, Patterns from Crate Paper Snow Day pad and American Crafts Kringle pad, Nesties Circle dies, Corner Punch.

Challenges to enter:
Cute Card Thursday: #396 Anything Goes
As You Like It Challenge: Favorites-Bright or Pastels.   Love brights...make such cheerful cards with brighter colors.
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra: Anything Christmas
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: All about using Patterned Paper
 
Please join in the challenge and fun at Retro Rubber.  Since the Retro Design Team Ladies share childhood  photos on the blog, I thought that I'd share a childhood photo too.

Thanks for dropping by the studio. I love reading your comments. Theresa

11 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Theresa! I love snowmen and these are adorable! You are a master at coloring, won't you please come teach me?! The person who will receive this card will have to appreciate the time and love that went into making it so perfectly! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at Retro Rubber! I really hope you will continue to play along with us!

Neva Cole said...

What a fun Snowmen family card! I know someone who would really like a card like this. Beautiful job coloring and the layers are great. So glad you have joined us at Retro Rubber as a Guest Mod Squader!

Claire Grantham said...

Theresa, the snowmen are amazing!! I enlarged the photo of your card, so I could get a better look at all the fab details. Awesome card, pleased to have you with us this time as our Guest Mod Squad member. Cx

Rebecca Gillard said...

This is great!! I love those snowmen. You have coloured them so well. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

Katy McGloin said...

What an adorable stamp set featuring this snowman family! I can only imagine the "bunch" of copic markers used as I could not have told you how many prismacolor pencils I used in my card, LOL. Your coloring is exquisite and the sentiment was perfection with this sketch. Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week! We certainly love your talent and appreciation of stashed older stamp images!

Heather said...

Oh, how cute!! This is a very sweet little snowfamily. : ) Great take on the sketch, too. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Theresa! We are thrilled to have you! Your card is fantastic - I love snowmen and this card = perfection! The coloring is beautiful! I may (ok maybe not quite yet) be ready for some snow! Thank you for being our guest at Retro Rubber!!

Dana & Glen said...

Theresa congrats on your win and guest designer position at Retro Rubber. Fabulous card, amazing coloring. The joy element is the perfect scale to compliment the snowmen.

btw, love the "retro" picture :)

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Theresa: BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your Guest Designer Spot at Retro Rubber, it's so much fun to be invited.
I love your sweet snowmen lineup, your coloring is fantastic, I love each and every outfit of this adorable family.
Thank you for sharing at Retro Rubber.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Annette said...

Love your brights. Fab colouring too.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
In The Pink Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Christine Traversa said...

Really love how colorful this is! Cute card!