Friday, October 23, 2015

Reflection of Fall Wonders



Hello! Today I have a fall scene project inspired by the WIW Photo Inspiration Challenge 02115 (on right) at The House That Stamps Built and I have to say I am very pleased with how it came out and how easy it was to do.  I used Repeat Impressions Large Pine Forest stamp and inked  it with Distress Inks Forest Moss, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and stamped on watercolor paper.  I created a reflection of the trees by using a acrylic sheet with the inked stamp and then laid the acrylic on the paper to get a mirror image beneath the trees.  I filled in with DI Stormy Sky and Crushed Olive using a water brush and sponged the sky with Memento Summer Sky ink.  I was tempted to add more details but thought I'd better quit before I ruined it.....so easy to make a mistake at this point.
I finished the card by cutting the image with a Spellbinder die, framing it with GKD Sun Kissed CS and an embossed layer of  GKD  Dusty Sage wrapped in a wide organza Ombre  ribbon with a shimmer.  Card base is GKD Honey Mustard CS.   I finished the inside (shown below) with another scene on watercolor paper that I made in the same way as the front but kept more abstract. ( This was actually a trial run for doing the reflection).  I stamped the Repeat Impressions Sentiment with DI Forest Moss.

Other Challenges:
Addicted To Stamps: #167 Make Your Mark- used Distress Inks
As You Like It Challenge: Favorites Brights  or Pastels- My fave is bright colors, especially the bright colors of nature in fall.
Alphabet Challenge: R is for Ribbon.  My  wide ribbon picks up the shimmer of the water in my scene.
613 Avenue Create:  #146 Anything Goes.  I do have some sights of Autumn in my card.
House of  Cards:   October Challenge Texture and/or Color Challenge. Used colors from graphic on right as well as texture in embossing on background layer.

Don't you just love when you make a card that comes out much better than you envisioned?  One thing about water coloring is that you don't always have control of the results.  Sometimes, you just wish for the best!


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

14 comments:

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge R for Ribbon. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Lin said...

So lovely, Theresa, a true reflection of our beautiful season right now. Love this card!

Kathy S said...

Great Mirror Stamping on your entry for the House That Stamps Built Photo Challenge this week. Always so great to see your entries. Good Luck.

Tanja said...

love your reflection - thanks for sharing your beautiful project at ATSM

Aurora Marco said...

Such clever stamping! Love your card. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you back soon.
Cheers, Aurora

Brenda said...

Oh my, this is beautiful and so artsy...you are so right about water colors...you definitely have to kinda let go and see what happens with them. Obviously, something very good happened here! Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You Like It Challenge!

Bettina L. said...

Wow I love these fall colour stamping cards. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create last week. Hope to see you back this week as well. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

CaroleAnn said...

Hi, Theresa
I am just startin to play wth my distress inks and i love them - your card is stunning and you have inspired me for sure! Big Hugs

Heather said...

Oooo . . . this is gorgeous!! I LOVE how you created your reflection. If fits our photo inspiration perfectly. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

StephC said...

What a beautiful card! Love the way you copied the reflection on the water. So glad you shared with us at House of Cards!

Mynn Kitchen said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE the fabulous colors and the beautiful reflection you created! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

cm said...

Your fall scene is, as the others have noted, incredibly gorgeous! The colours, the reflection...WOW! I live near forests and you've translated autumn's splendour wonderfully! So thrilled you shared this gem in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Shawna Standish said...

This is so fantastic I can't even stand it!! Your colors are just perfectly done and the tree reflection is well... well... Just outstanding!! The metallic ribbon is just the perfect touch to bring out the shimmering reflection of the trees... Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful creation with us!!
All the best,
Shawna DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful :) Thank you for joining us at House of Cards!