Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Fun with Scribbles and Doodles

Welcome to my studio!  Today I am a Guest Designer at City Crafter Challenge.  The theme for  week 282 is Scribble Doodle Fun (make a project that include a scribble or doodle... it could be your scribble stamp, die, or simply just doodling on your project). See the inspiration photo below:
 
 
 
 This is my card that I have made using a doodle stamp, an image that I doodled and colored, and a doodled sentiment.  Do you know the definition of doodle is 1. To draw or sketch aimlessly, especially when preoccupied. 2. To kill time; dawdle....To draw (figures) while preoccupied. ....A figure or design drawn or written ?
  I also used some pattern paper that has doodles/scribbles. 
 

When I was a child, I used to doodle primitive looking flowers such as the one I drew for my card.  I drew the flower with a Black Zig pen and colored with pencils.  I stamped a border on each side of the image with a Border Stamp from Mixed Media stamps by Julie Nutting.  I doodled the Happy Birthday sentiment.  I placed the image off center on the Pattern Paper layer from MME Collectible Remarkable pad so more of the doodles and scribbles could be seen.  The yellow card base is from my stash of papers.
 
This second card below was totally designed and created with Photoshop and printed on white cardstock and then mounted on yellow card base after I printed the sides with a doodle design
 
I am entering the card above in Happy Little Stampers Sketch Challenge for October.
 
 
I still doodle sometimes if a pencil and paper are available and I am bored.  Are you a Doodler? 
Thanks to City Crafter and their designers for having me as a guest.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by the studio.  I appreciate all comments
Thanks, Theresa

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Your cards are wonderful Theresa!! I'm so glad that you are guesting with us this week at CCCB!! Many thanks!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What fun creation you have there, thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB!

Stella said...

Theresa you nailed our theme! Both your cards are gorgeous but I especially LOVE that cute house on your second card. Lovely! It;s a privilege to have you as our Guest Designer at CCCB!

Marina said...

These cards are cute and fresh and fun, and perfectly capture the doodling theme. Thank you for being our guest designer at City Crafter.

Tanja said...

love that cute little house - thanks for joining us at the HLS October Sketch Challenge

Loll said...

What a fun challenge ... and great job with adding doodling to your cards! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

Gloria Lee said...

Love cute house and beautiful design!
Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers Sketch challenge!

Birgit said...

What fabulous doodle cards and such a fun challenge to play along with! A great take on the Happy Little Stamper Sketch challenge.