Sunday, October 4, 2015

Doe and Fawn in the Forest

I have a quick and easy card today....yes this image is an easy one to color. I stamped the White Tail Doe and Fawn from Repeat Impressions on ivory CS and colored with Copics  and placed on a mat of Dark Brown and then a textured cardstock pattern from DCWV Safari Chic Mat.  My design came from the sketch from Sketch Saturday Challenge.  I really like the combo of this Pattern Paper and the image.  I could not decide on a sentiment so my DH selected this one from Creative Clear stamps that I heat embossed with Zing Chestnut EP.  He said the deer looked as if they were waiting for someone.
 
Challenges:
The House That Stamps Built: WIW September Anything Goes
Sketch Saturday: Week #381
The Card Concept: 40 is Forest Friends
Cute Card Thursday: #393 Masculine
Alphabet Challenge: Q is for Quick and Simple

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Perfect Forest Friends for your lovely card.

Deb said...

Just gorgeous!
Many thanks for joining in our Masculine Challenge at Cute Card Thursday this week! Debx

Shannon McComb said...

oh my, what a beautiful image! Your coloring is lovely!! Thank you for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!

CONNIE BROOKS said...

Stumbled upon your blog by accident. I'm glad I did. I'm going to subscribe. Your card is delightful. I've seen that deer in the headlights look many times in my back yard. We have a wooded area out back and numerous deer ramble through around dawn or dusk. I love it when they huddle right outside my door/patio. It looks just the the doe on your lovely card.

Kerin said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the little fawn with its mom! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Cheri said...

Absolutely love what you created with this stamp, Theresa. It's one of my favorites! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your textured background - it's perfect for these sweetly coloured deer. Thank you for playing along with the Saturdays this week at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Lesley

Sheena Fitzpatrick said...

Great card, such a lovely image and sentiment

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Heather said...

Very cute! I agree; I like that dp with the deer image, too. And your husband made a great choice of a sentiment. :) Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built. Sorry it's taken me so long to comment; life has been crazy this week.

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card! Love the image of the deer! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper