Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Colors and Patterns Challenge


Hello!  The challenge at The Shabby Tea Room for week #262 is Colors and Patterns  shown in the graphic on the right.   When I saw the colors, I thought of a Thanksgiving card and pulled out polka dot and chevron patterns to use on rectangles --the shape inspired by the shapes of the bottles. The pine cones in the photo reminded me of an Embossing Folder Pine Branches by Darice.
I began the card by embossing a Ecru Glossy card stock and inking the raised designs with Memento Rich Cocoa and Tangelo inks. I cut the strips of Pattern Paper from Echo Park and created the chevron pattern by embossing a strip of the Ecru glossy paper and inking the surface. I fussy cut another pine cone using the EF and attached to the lower corner.  I cut the words with Cheery Lynn Dies to finish the card.  I think I managed to capture some of the colors and patterns from the inspiration.

Other Challenges to enter:
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog: Challenge is anything goes with the use of Cheery Lynn Dies
Creative Corner Challenge:  Use no stamps



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

Olga Jewell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a pretty card Theresa, thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Debbie's Time Out said...

Beautiful card. Love the fall colors you have used. Nice design. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you

Lisa said...

Beautiful and so perfect for the upcoming holiday. Thanks for joining us this week with the shabby tea room

Amy Voorthuis said...

Beautiful card! I really love the simplicity of the design and the color combination is just perfect. Your card is such a happy one thank you so much for taking the time to enter our challenge at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy

Bonnie said...

Great card. I love the interesting combinations of pattern paper you used! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Tracey said...

Fabulous combination of pattern papers, really nice card!Thanks for sharing this with us in The Shabby Tea Room!