Thursday, September 3, 2015

White Wash Technique

Welcome!  I always have fun trying new techniques and today I am sharing a card using a White Wash technique that I read about on the Mod Squad challenge and saw on a video by Melanie Muenchinger here.   I love the pearlized look this gives the image.  I used GKD Stamps Buds & Vases and sentiment from The Northwoods.  Other supplies: Kraft and Innocent Pink CS, Versamarrk, White EP, Inks Brilliance Moonlight White, Memento Rose Bud, Olive Grove, SU Always Artichoke, Ribbon and pearls. I added the satin ribbon by running it through slits made by an exacto knife.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Let's see your white wash. Love the look of this on Kraft.
Time Out Challenge: Take time to Make Your Mark.  Used water brush with inks to make my mark.
AAA Cards: Use spectacular Embossing.  Used heat embossing on my card.
Creative Corner Challenge: Flower Power


I hope you give white washing a try.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Well, this is gorgeous, over the top beautiful. So glad you like to try new things. I bet that you will be doing this one again.! Great job, thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad. Hope to see you again.

Jane said...

So pretty! Loving the subtle colours and delicate look. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Justine Hovey said...

Gorgeous flowers, I love using that technique myself! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge! Justine

Jill Vickers said...

Thanks for posting the link to the technique video - this is something that I am definitely going to try.
I love the pretty effect that you achieved on this card - so delicate and elegant! Thanks so much for taking the Time Out to play along with us - and for linking up at AAA Cards too! Jill

Beverley said...

So soft and pretty, love colour on kraft. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Linda said...

Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing at our CCCblog.
Linda DTCCC