Sunday, September 6, 2015

Spiced Peaches from the Past

 

Hello!  This is my third post today. 
 It is too hot and muggy to be outside so I am playing in the studio and being creative.  This card is one of those designs that just evolved.....I knew I wanted to use a jar stamp and a peach stamp for a challenge to feature fruit and / or a jam jar (mason jar).  I thought of stamping the peach stamp several times inside the jar and then remembered Spiced Peaches from my youth.   I think my mother used to can whole peaches with a recipe using cloves and cinnamon but I never liked the flavor of the cloves. ( For that reason I did not use any cloves in my recipe for this jar of peaches.)  Using a mask to expose the inside of the jar stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock, I filled my jar with peaches using Memento Espresso Truffle ink and only part of the peach stamp.  I colored my peaches and the jar with several Copics and softened the coloring with pencils.   I then stamped the Peach stamp with leaves  in its entirety on the outside of the jar and colored in the same manner.  In keeping with the Nostalgia feel of this card, I used a gingham embossed background and satin ribbon.  I added a handwritten label on the jar with the Year 2015.  Maybe I should have dated it for an earlier time, like 1950.
 
Supplies: Peaches and Sentiment from Flourishes Cherries and Peaches Stamp Set, Jar from GKD Buds& Vases, Copics, Pencils, Memento Inks, White and Mellow Yellow(my name) Cardstocks, Fancy Pants Pattern Paper (including label on jar), Spellbinder Frame die, Corner Punch,  Cuttlebug EF Gingham, Ribbon from stash.
Challenges :
City Crafter Challenge Blog:  Week 277 In a Jam. This is to feature fruit and / or a jam jar (mason jar). Photo inspiration on right.
Paper Sweeties Challenge: Inspiration #35 shown on right. I used the green, yellow, and red in my colors (along with some orange) and the jar from the challenge.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern Paper on your card.
 
 Did I make you hungry for Spiced Peaches? Check out this recipe.
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

9 comments:

Lin said...

Love this, Theresa - brings back memories of my Mom's canned peaches.....they were so good! What a fun card!

Debbie said...


What a delicious mason jar of canned peaches! So yummy and fun -- thanks for sharing this sweet card with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely project for our challenge!! Love your filled jar! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Mynn Kitchen said...

What a yummy card! Your coloring is just beautiful--and the way you incorporated the challenge is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Stella said...

I love the soft color palette and the filled jar. A beautiful card for our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Oh, this is so PRETTY! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us a Paper Sweeties!

Lisa said...

LOVE this....how beautiful and so much work...when I first saw it I thought that must have been an actual stamp of a jar of peaches...wow!

Cheryl said...

How pretty! Love the vintage look, and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge this month!

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at PP xx Jan