Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Gateway to a Garden

 Hello!  I was  tested by the recent challenge at Mrs. A's Butterflies.... her guest selected A for the challenge and we were asked to use an Arch on our butterfly cards and I had no idea what to use for my arch.  Then the light came on and I thought I should use a gate with an arch leading into a garden.  I pulled out Our Daily  Bread Gilded Gate die and a frame die from Spellbinders Card Creator and used white glossy paper to build my gate with an arch. I only used the top part of the frame and attached with the gate.  I used a pattern paper from ODB Shabby Rose Collection Paper Pad to create the garden filled with roses and butterflies. I added green vines cut with Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die and Prima Pink Roses with layered butterflies punched from pattern papers and pink CS.  I decided to not use a sentiment on the front but used that on the inside (shown below)  of the card finished with more of the pattern papers and a sentiment from Repeat Impressions.



Challenges:
Butterfly Challenge: #37 Butterflies and letter A for Arches


Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use pattern paper on your card

Clear It Out Challenges: Theme is Anything Goes and Stash is Anything Goes. Everything is from my stash....roses are very old stash.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is so perfect and great thinking on how you have combined 2 different dies to create your archway. I just love those roses and the vine creeping along the trellis. Love the inside of your card too. Thankyou for fluttering by my Archway challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so lovely and pretty and that die cut gate is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your arch looks gorgeous with the roses and fluttering butterflies
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Anne said...

This is realy pretty. Love the butterflies and the arcway is great.
Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.
Hugs Anne ,GD

Lisa Mensing said...

Gorgeous die cuts! Thanks for sharing at Clear It Out's Anything Goes challenge. Lisa DT