Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Flight of the Butterflies


Hello!  I am making an effort to use items in my studio that I have never used or seldom use.  I have several stamps from Stampin Up that I have not used.  They were part of a purchase that my DH bought years ago when a friend gave up stamping and sold him a lot of her supplies.  It was about the time that I seriously began stamping and it was a lot of fun to receive all those goodies.
I dug out this Butterfly (2000) stamp  and Happy Birthday (2001) stamp that I think looks great together on my layout.  They are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics Y06,Y17 and N4.  I used Sakura Clear Star for glitter on the wings of the butterflies but alas, it hardly shows in the photo. I used Yellow Card Base and a layer of some old Stampin Up pattern paper.  I added a narrow satin bow tied with 3 knots (one for each butterfly)....first time I used knots this way..  My DH thinks this card has a lot of motion ...from the flight of the butterflies, the diagonal stripes, and the scrolly script.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge:  Anything with Wings hosted by Janice
Butterfly Challenge: #39 Butterflies + K is for Knots
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge 164 is CAS
Clear It Out Challenge: It's Glitter Explosion Around here: Theme is Things with Wings. Stash is Glitter.  Trust me, I do have glitter on the butterflies.
Tuesday Throwdown:  #264 Clean and Simple
Addicted to Stamps Challenge: #110 Butterflies

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Theresa, lovely butterfly-card.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Mrs A. said...

Everyone is coming up with such great ideas for knots. I love how you have tied one for each butterfly across the bottom. Those butterflies are lovely and the scrolly
script looks perfect with them. Thankyou for fluttering by my #39 hugs Mrs A.

Monika Reeck said...

oh I love your soft color and those butterfly
your card is so beautifully made
thanks for joining us at ATSM this week
hugs, Monika

Kath said...

A lovely card - I like your knots across the bottom. Thank you for joining us at the Butterfly Challenge.
Kath x

Neets B said...

Oh it's like summer has returned looking at your card. Such warm beautiful colours and the font looks great with the design of the butterflies.
Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

Joyce Erb said...

They look great and there is definitely a lot of motion:-) Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge