Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Anything Goes at Retro Rubber


Hello Everyone!  I am thrilled to  have won a guest designer spot at the Retro Rubber challenge blog. The challenge this week Anything Goes, shown in the graphic above, is always a favorite for everyone.  The fabulous ladies have asked me to join with them for this challenge using a stamp that is at least 1 year or old.   Since it will soon be fall (where did August go so quickly?) , I decided to create a fall theme card using one of my favorite Leaf stamps and a sentiment from a GKD set A Year of Leaves.  I know I have had this set since 2009 since I bought it right after it was released and I seem to resurrect it every fall when the leaves start to change colors and fall.

 
I stamped the Maple Leaf 5 times on Ivory CS with Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger Copper Embossing Pearl Powder.  I also stamped the sentiment in the same manner. I colored the leaves with Memento Markers Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo and Pear Tart, distressed the edges, and sponged the layer with Distressed Ink Antique Linen.  I stamped and colored another 2 leaves in the same way but fussy cut them to attach to the top with foam tape. My card base is GKD Tomato Soup CS layered with a mat of Metallic Copper CS from my stash.  The Copper CS and embossing really shows up with a lot of metallic shine in real life.  This is the first time that I have used Copper embossing powder with this set.

I hope you all join in with the challenge....it could not be any easier!

Since the Retro Design Team Ladies share childhood photos on the blog,  I thought that I'd share a childhood photo too.   That's me about 3 years old.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Theresa, I love your card, the waterfall of leaves is stunning. So glad that you played along as part of the DT this week. Love that you shared a childhood image, I love seeing these. Claire DT

Katy McGloin said...

Theresa, your spray of maple leaves are fantastic. Maples (particularly Japanese maples) are my favorite tree and leaf image! But what I love most is the sentiment... so thoughtful. Thank you for joining us this challenge in the DT arena... we love having you! (And what a thoughtful gesture regarding the picture... that is one darling pose!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, how stunning this Fall card is, Theresa! I love all of the colors you chose and the stamp is certainly one that you can use over and over. The fussy cut flowers really make the card come alive to me. Thank you for playing along with the DT this week! Adorable photo!!

Neva Cole said...

Love the leaves, coloring, and the 3-D effect! So pretty and a wonderful fall card. Thank you for sharing the photo of you as a 3 year old. How fun! Thanks for being a GDT this week at Retro Rubber!

Jane Knudsen said...

Theresa! Thank you so much for being our guest designer! Your card is so spot on for fall (I can't believe it either!). This stamp set has been a great investment for you! The colors and how you did them are beautiful and I love how the card pops out at you! I am so glad you shared a picture of you! You were adorable! And still are I am sure!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!