Monday, August 24, 2015

Sunny Day with Sunflowers

 
Welcome to the studio!  Today I have been playing with Power Poppy new Sunflower digital image and created a bouquet of  sunflowers  using Photoshop.  This is kind of like using the masking technique with stamps but I layered and grouped the sunflowers digitally and printed as one image.  I am showing the stamp from Power Poppy below which shows the single sunflower that I used.  To be able to alter and change digital images is one of the benefits of using Digis.
After printing the image on white CS, I colored with Copics Y13,17,38,E34,37,97, YG 03,63,9,95. I framed this with a Layer of GKD Fresh Asparagus CS to which I made an opening with an Oval die.  This was embossed with Cuttlebug EF Anna Griffin Acanthus.  I used this EF because I think the embossed design has a vintage feel.  I sponged the image and embossed surface with Distress Ink Antique  Linen to also add to the aged look that I was going for. I used a card base of rust/brown CS. The sentiment from Power Poppy Summer Harvest was heat embossed on clear vellum with Wow Chestnut EP and attached with vellum tape. 
 
Challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room:  The challenge for Week #258 ABC-123 is to make a card inspired by the photo on the right.   I was inspired by the sunflowers and colors.  To tie in with the title of the challenge, I used 1-2-3 Sunflowers in my design.
Power Poppy: Power & Spark Challenge is Shabby & Chic.  I used sponging with distress inks and embossing that gave this card some shabbiness and I think the Sunflowers are so Chic, don't you. 






Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

2 comments:

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very pretty! Great fall feeling creation and the flowers look wonderful. Thanks for playing in our Chic and Shabby challenge this month.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I am enjoying the lovely sunflowers on the embossed background - so pretty! Thanks for sharing at The Shabby Tea Room and hope to see you again soon.
Amelia (The Shabby Tea Room Design Team)