Monday, August 31, 2015

Sunflowers with Butterfly


Hello! Where did August go??  It seems it was just yesterday that I was wondering what happened to July. 
Don't you just love to see Sunflowers in bloom? .... they are such happy flowers!
I love coloring this Power Poppy digital image of Sunflowers cut with an Oval Die.  I used Copics and framed the image with Cheery Lynn Swedish Spring Oval Frame die cut from Gold CS.  I cut the frame a second time in Green CS and used some of the small green pieces to "inlay" in the frame.  I love the extra touch of  color on the frame.  I placed the image on an embossed Card Base of Pumpkin Spice CS that I had wrapped with a plaid ribbon with gold threads.  I added the word Thanks cut with Cheery Lynn Thanksgiving die.  As an afterthought I added a layered butterfly die cut with Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterfly and Angel Wing dies.

Challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog: Challenge #200 is Frame It.  Used 4 Cheery Lynn dies in my design.
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge # 108 Die Cuts
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #270 Thing with Wings
Craft Your Passion Challenge: #277  Always anything goes
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says anything goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge:  #125 is Butterflies and Birds-use one or both with ribbon.
Alphabet Challenge: N is for No Design Paper.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

Veerle said...

Beautiful card Theresa. Thank you so much for joining our stamps & die cuts challenge. Greetings Veerle DT member Addicted to Stamps

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Challenge this week and good luck in the draw!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Theresa! I love that image and it's colored beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Juliz Design Post said...

A pretty design and lovely colouring. thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x