Sunday, August 23, 2015

Lavender and Lace



Second Post Today

Hello! I had 2 challenges in mind in making this card--the challenge at Stamp TV to Count Your Layers and the Mod Squad Challenge Lavender and Lace.  From my stash, I pulled out some solid and pattern lavender papers and ribbon and lace to begin.  I stamped the lacy doily from GKD Nana's Needlework on white CS with Memento Lilac Plum and cut with a circle die.  I layered this on a lavender pattern paper embossed with EF Gingham and added Satin Ribbon layered with White Lace.  This was attached to a White layer and then a textured Bazzill Lavender card base.  I added the fussy cut sentiment from GKD Nana's Needlework Sentiment that I heat embossed on Lavender Vellum with White EP. Added some Rhinestones and touches of lavender Gelly Pen for sparkle.
I count 5 layers of papers plus the ribbon and lace layers.  The vellum and the ribbon are more the same color than they appear in the photo.

Challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge: Judy's challenge is Lavender and Lace.
Stamp TV: Mix It Up Monday STV15Mon33-Count your Layers.
Tuesday Throwdown: Challenge is Texture
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge: #146 is Birthdays

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Your card is just lovely. I have that doily stamp from GKD and have never gotten it inky. You have inspired me, and I'm going to drag it out. I love your layout and paper choices too - well done!! Great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along this week at Mod Squad.

Judy Woodland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Love the lace image and embossed background. thanks for joining us at Tuesdat Throwdown.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Oh so pretty! Just love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge!
hugs,
Pam
TT DT

Theresa Pace said...

lovely mix of textures here. thank you for joining us over the FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx
http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/