Friday, July 10, 2015

Where Is The Sunshine

Hello!  About the only sunshine that I have seen lately has been on cards and stamps.  In Ohio, July has been as cloudy and rainy as June was.  So in the studio I decided to play with a Sunflower stamp from Power Poppy Sunny Harvest set and combine it with some Pattern Papers from MME My Favorite Things pad.  After stamping the image using Memento Espresso Truffle ink,  I chose my colors from the papers to use as inspiration.  I colored with Copics Y17, Y23, R46, R59, G21, G82, E07, E35, E43.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk.  I cut the patterns and image using  different Nesties Rectangle dies and assembled the card following the Sketch from Die-Cut Diva Challenge.  I added some brads colored with Copic  to finish.   I really like the colors and patterns that I used.  I hope I brought some sunshine to life.
 
Challenges:
Power Poppy: Power Spark challenge is Hang Some Paper.  We are to use at least 3 pattern papers.
Die Cuttin Divas: #223 is the July sketch challenge  using die cuts.
City Crafter Challenge: Week 269 You Are My Sunshine. Used yellow on my flowers and brads.
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use Pattern Paper on your project.
 
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge: Week 255 Sweet as Sunshine. Inspired by the colors and polka dots.  The brads pick up the shine of the yellow icing.

Hope you are enjoying some sunshine!
Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

Marina said...

Beautiful use of patterned papers and the sunflowers are nicely coloured. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so beautiful!! You did an amazing job with your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Theresa this is so pretty! The papers are charming together and I do like this bunch of sunflowers. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us in our Hang Some Paper Challenge this month

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! Love those sunflowers! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Creative M said...

Such a gorgeous card! Saw it on DCD!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

mylittlecraftblog said...

Just gorgeous! I love your papers!

Thanks for using our sketch at Die Cuttin' Divas to make your creation!

Evelyn

Amelia Breytenbach said...

So beautiful in every way. Lovely image, colour and design detail. Thanks for sharing with us at the Shabby Tea Room.
Amelia (The Shabby Tea Room Design Team)

L.B. said...

Lovely card.Thanks for playing with our Sketch at Die Cuttin' Divas

Gerda said...

What a beautiful card!! Love the flowers!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Stella said...

Yuor beautiful sunflowers are a perfect focal point. A lovely take on our theme and your card is perfect!Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, this is pretty! You used your papers so well with the image. Perfect match in the coloring. I love MME papers. Thanks for sharing in our Power Poppy Hang Some Paper Challenge, Theresa!