Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Welcome to the Beach


Hello!  Today I have a card using the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.  I used an old Flourishes stamps from the Beach Life set that I stamped with Memento Espresso Truffle ink and colored with Copics and sponged the embossed sky with Summer Sky ink. This is an older stamp set that I love to use in beach scenes. I adhered the image to Ivory CS and  a card base of Brown CS. Brads were attached for coconuts on the Palm Trees.
Other supplies: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Rectangle and Label dies from Spellbinders: Darice EF Clouds; Brads from stash.

Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch: #132 Shown on right.
Less Is More: Week 233 Theme is Life's a Beach
Retro Rubber: Challenge 19 - Inspire Me with Color....used blues, green, sand with splash of red from photo on left
AAA Cards: Game 44-Waterworld and Dies . Experiment with watery backgrounds or underwater life. Cool pool colors and splashes, and die cut accents. Used Label and Rectangle dies.



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

14 comments:

Anne said...

Fun scene Theresa, I love that embossed sky!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More

Kathyk said...

Delightful (and restful) make

Kathyk

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Theresa: I love your beautiful card, that scene you created on that lovely beach, with the hammock makes me wish I was there right now. I adore your palm trees with the brads for coconuts, how clever is that!!!
Thank you for joining Retro Rubber color challenge this week.

Maria Rodriguez.

www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A beautiful, peaceful and elegant scene Theresa, great inking and stamping and a perfect take on the challenges. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More & AAA Cards

Veerle said...

Beautiful beach scenery.
Gr Veerle

Katy McGloin said...

Theresa, what a lovely relaxing scene you have created. And a great job combining the 3 challenges. Love the sky and coconut brads. Yes, I wish I were there, too. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week! Hope to see you often in our gallery!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the scene you created! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Debbie Mageed said...

You definitely caught the serenity of that beautiful Retro Rubber inspiration photo then combined with other challenges beautifully. I love your card - the coconuts were the perfect embellishment! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber this week and hope you will play again soon!

Jane Knudsen said...

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful coloring and you did such a great job putting all of these challenges together! Don't you love when that happens!! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Chrissie said...

This is a simply super scene!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful beach scene. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA Cards.

Neets B said...

A wonderful beach scene and I love your brad coconuts! I like that you chose an ivory panel too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Claire Grantham said...

Great scene, very subtle. The brad coconuts made me smile. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Cx DT

Christine Traversa said...

Looks soooo relaxing! Great card! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!