Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Too Close To the Sketch?



 Hello!  My card today is made for the CAS(E) this Sketch graphic on the right.  I know I took the design literally and stamped circles copying the sketch.  I just had that design stuck in my mind as I stamped multiple colors using Large and small Circle stamps from GKD Inspiration Mosaic and Candles for Your Cake.  Yes, I did use actual rubber stamps that I have.  I first thought of using erasers on the end of pencils but then I remembered the GKD stamps.  My colors used were inspired by the Photo Inspiration from Addicted to Stamps. I also added some embossing to the lower edge for texture which also follows the circles theme.
Supplies: Memento Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Morocco inks: White, Yellow, and Orange CS from stash,  Cheery Lynn Happy Birthday Dies.

Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch: #133 shown on upper right
Addicted to Stamps: #155 Photo Inspiration.  Used colors of flowers in my card. The cluster of circles mimic the shape of the flowers in an abstract way.
Cheery Lynn Challenge: #195 Anything Goes.  This is a very different style card that I usually make for Cheery Lynn Challenges but it is Anything Goes,  so why not enter it?


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

Olga said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

What a great design and so colourful. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Lilian YF said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful CAS design. Love the colors! Thanks for joining the Anything Goes challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Love the color combo. Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs

Sandy Hulsart said...

Very pretty CAS card, love your color choices. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is a super combination of challenges. I love the CAS layout and the bold colours! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Kathyk said...

Loving your abstract use of the A2S&M colours

Kathyk