Friday, June 26, 2015

Trying Stenciling


 Impressabilities Used
Second post today! Trying to play catch up on challenges.
Welcome to my studio!  Stenciling is a technique that I have not used much mostly because I do not have many stencils.  But, I had forgotten about some Spellbinders Impressabilities  that I bought about 5 years ago....just had to have but I not used much.  The Butterfly one (shown on right) that I used on this card I think I have never used. Stenciling seems to be all the trend.
I stenciled a portion of the stencil on white CS with Tumbled Glass  Distress Ink and then cut a Butterfly from the CS with Memory Box Pippi Butterfly Die .  I attached the white layer to a Card base of Blue and then added the butterfly and words to finish this CAS card. The words were cut with Cheery Lynn Dies from blue CS.


Challenges:
Memory Box Challenge: New monthly challenge. #1 Challenge is Butterflies. Used Memory Butterfly die.

Less Is More: Week #229 Theme is Stenciling

Cheery Lynn Designs Blog: Challenge 190 is Anything Goes....used Happy Birthday word dies
.
AAA Cards: Game # 42 Use Paste and/or Stencil

Tuesday Throwdown:  #250 is Stenciling



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

13 comments:

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Theresa! I love your blues! Hopefully now that you've wet your feet, you'll get yourself some more stencils...they are relatively inexpensive, and I like that you can use more than 1 color easily using them!

Juliz Design Post said...

Gorgeous card Theresa, love your soft blue tones and classic design. Beautiful. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Patti P. said...

What a gorgeous shade of blue, love how you used the Spellbinders die/stencil. I have one of those and need to use it myself. Thanks for the inspiration. Your card is the perfect example of CAS...love all of your elements on this lovely card.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Crisp, CAS and gorgeous. Beautifully stenciled and lovely shades of blue
Thanks for playing along at Less is More and AAA Cards
Sarah

Karen said...

I'm loving that stenciling with the white background and little pop of blue colors in the butterly and sentiment! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck!

Magic Flying Boots said...

That is so beautiful! I've tried using this stencil a couple of times and both mine turned out looking overdone and messy. I'm really inspired by your card, and might have another go. I love the gentle colouring of the stencil. Really beautifully done xx

Neets B said...

Such a pretty blue, love the vertical panel of stencilling.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Jane said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love everything about your pretty delicate card. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Patti J said...

So pretty, Theresa! I think I have one of those impressivilities...will have to check! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandy Hulsart said...

Beautiful clean and simple card, Theresa, I love those colors. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a gorgeous card! Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge!!
Hugs-
Pam
TT DT

Debi said...

This is a lovely stenciled card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck.
Debi TT DT

Anne said...

Catching up on my comments, sorry this is so late!
What a pretty stencilled card!
Thanks for joining us last week
Anne
Less is More