Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Stacking the Dies

 Hello! I am still fluttering with butterflies.  Today I have used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch for my design.  I chose pattern papers from Our  Daily Bread designs Shabby Rose Collection to go with a Butterfly cut lightly and embossed with a Cheery Lynn Butterfly die from pink Vellum. I layered this over another butterfly cut with CL Angel Wings die from Pink CS.  I embossed the background pattern with CB Wicker Weave EF that I attached to Pink card base.  The Cheery Lynn Thank You dies were cut from Green CS, Pink CS, and Pink vellum that I stacked and glued together for depth.
Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch:  See sketch on right. I did a very close interpretation.
Just Us Girls: Trend Week #297- Stacked Die Cuts.  I stacked the sentiment as well as the butterfly.
Butterfly Challenge: #33 Butterfly + F for flowers. The challenge is always Butterflies but with the addition of an item/ theme beginning with a chosen letter.

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

There is so much I like about this card. I love that delicate flower design on the backing paper and how you have stacked the sentiment using different colours. Think the EF is fabulous and love how you have put the 4 squares on top and then the crowning element of the butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by #33 hugs Mrs A.

Nancy said...

Super card Theresa! I must say I think the EF was a great touch! Great job with the sketch too! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Us Girls and we LOVE having you in the gallery!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! Great take on the sketch!

Ina said...

Beautiful card layout and colours. Love the stacked sentiment. Just perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

Hannelie said...

A lovely feminine touch!
Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!!

My Paper Cat said...

I love the delicacy of this card, great choice of colours too. Thanks for playing along at Butterfly Challenge. Glenda