Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Lacy Butterfly


Second post today:
I am still playing with butterflies!  I was not sure that I liked this card until I saw it in the photo and now I do like it.    The card is a larger size (5.5"x7") than I usually make in order to best show the butterfly which I cut with Cheery Lynn Lace Flourish Butterfly die that is 5.5"x3.5".  To make this design, I embossed the Butterfly on Yellow CS with the die and then colored areas of the embossed image.  I then cut the butterfly from White CS and attached it above the embossed one.  This called for a Bold sentiment so I stamped a Winnie & Walter bold Hello with Memento ink and added some Clear Star pen for shine.  Finished with assorted sequins from my stash.  I think this would qualify as a One Layer Card?

Challenges:
Butterfly Challenges: #32 Butterflies + S for Sequins.  This is a new challenge to me and first time to enter.  The challenge is always Butterflies but with the addition of an item/ theme beginning with a chosen letter.
The Card Concept : #37 Butterfly Effect. I consider this Clean and Simple.
Addicted to CAS: #65 Code word is Butterfly
Crafty Catz Challenge: #283 Clean and Simple




Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hello Theresa, welcome to my butterfly challenge. What a supe large butterfly this one is. Not one in my collection so will need to get my net out and go hunting! Lol. I'm a hoarder of butterfly stamps and dies. I love the bright summer colours and the smattering of sequins just finished your card. Thankyou for fluttering by #32. Do hope you will play again. Hugs Mrs A.

Mad Moose said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Bonnie said...

Another pretty butterfly, Theresa! Love all that yellow! Thanks for sharing again with us at ATCAS!

Loll said...

Love the sunny yellow in the background. Really makes your butterfly pop. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

Joanna Harty said...

Beautiful card Theresa! Love the colors and the lace butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us over ATCAS!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! Thank you so much for playing along with The Card Concept!