Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bouquet of Thanks



Hello! Today I am a bit square.....a square card that is.  I make very few square designs but sometimes the image dictates to be square and a bit bigger too.  So I made this card 5.5"x 5.5" to best show the lovely image from Power Poppy's Countryside Bouquet Deluxe.  The card was made with challenges in mind for a sketch, color combo, and use of pencils.  The Bouquet was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on White CS and colored with Koh-I-Noor Pencils and OMS.  I heat embossed a bit of Wow Yellow EP on the center of the White Flowers and a bit of Ranger White EP on the petals of the same flowers.  This gave some texture and shimmer on the bouquet.  I trimmed the image with Lawn Fawn Stitched circle die.  The card was completed with a Gray Card Base, 3 strands of Yellow Satin Ribbons,  and a sentiment from Power Poppy Lavender set. I really am pleased with the results.

Challenges:
Sketch Saturday: Week 367 shown on left
The Card Concept: #38 Color Challenge Yellow, White, and Gray
See Graphic on right
Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge: Pencil Me In.....used pencils for coloring

 





Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful card, Theresa, and I love your take on the sketch! Your pencil coloring is beautiful, and I love the yellow with the gray...really makes your flowers pop! Hugs!

Niki Rowland said...

What a beautiful card, I love those colours and the image is stunning. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Thank you for playing along with us last week at Sketch Saturday with this delightfully pretty floral card. I'm sorry I'm a little late dropping by - my computer is misbehaving! Hugs, Lesley

Judy1223 said...

Theresa, I love that pretty stamp and the gorgeous coloring you did, it just highlights how pretty that image is! Great take on the sketch and great way to use the Card Concept colors, too!