Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Blue Skies and Smooth Sailing


 Hello!  The current Fusion challenge is all about Blue Skies and Smooth Sailing.  I tried to convey that in my card using a scene with blue skies and a sailboat.  I used both the Sketch and Photo from this challenge in making my entry. To begin I chose a pattern paper from Fancy Pants shown in its original state beneath my card.  I altered the color by inking with Distress Inks to make it more green for the background and more blue for the fish-tailed strip.  I used Flourishes Beach Life stamp set and a GKD Starfish stamp from Gifts from the Sea set. Other supplies: Navy and White CS, Memento Tuxedo Black, Toffee Crunch, Summer Sky, Paris Dusk inks, Copics E33, B0000, BG000, Rectangle and Square dies.  I fancy cut the starfish and attached with foam pop up.


Challenge Link:
Fusion Card Challenge: See graphic on right


Tip: I do not have any fish tail banner dies. To make a fish tail on a strip of paper, use the corner tip of a square die centered on the end and cut. 

Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

4 comments:

Olga said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always!!

SmilynStef said...

Great use of Distress Ink to customize your designer paper ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Jeanne J said...

So cool! I can see the influence from the inspiration pic in the wood grain background. Love the pretty little tranquil scene you created!

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your little scene, and the woodgrain in the background! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)