Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Manly Birthday Card


Welcome! Today I am using the sketch shown on the right for a second card to create a birthday card with a more manly look.  I interpreted the sketch very literally.  I cut a star from gold glitter paper with a Sizzix die and used Cheery Lynn dies for the words Happy Birthday. I used Pattern Papers from MME Market St Pad.  My DH said the stars and stripes looked very manly.

Challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch: #123 on the right
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge: Make it manly
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Use pattern paper on your card.
AAA Cards: Game #39 Celebrate their first birthday with a birthday card.


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

7 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love the gold! Great take on the sketch!

Sandy Hulsart said...

Very classy card birthday card, Theresa, love that color combo. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

D- said...

I saw your card at AAA cards and came over for a peek. Thanks for sharing your terrific birthday card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking, fun and fabulous.
Love the touch of gold.
Thanks so much for linking up and joining our birthday party challenge at AAA Cards.

Victoria Lavender said...

You've got the Golden touch! Sweet too. Thanks for playing with us in our birthday challenge!
Cheers, Victoria Lavender- AAA CAS Card Challenges

Jenny Alia said...

This is lovely! Great colors and perfect design for a masculine card. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Challenge this week.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x