Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spring Flowers


Hello!  I just love the colors in the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge this week but seldom use them.  The tiny flowers on the cupcake reminded me of  a PSX hydrangea stamp that I love and have had forever.  I colored small yellow pearls and added to the center of the flower that I stamped and colored in Copics.  I only used a small part of the image to fit the sketch that I used.

Supplies:
PSX Stamp, Papers and Such Sentiment, Memento Rich Cocoa and Grape Jelly, White CS, Bazzill Green and Lilac  CS, Purple scraps, Unknown Butterfly Punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Borders, Annabelle Pearls and Teardrop Pearls, Nesties Square dies.

Challenge:
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge: #306 Colors Pistachio, Amethyst, Grape...think my colors are close enough.
Sketch Saturday: #357 see on right. Fun sketch to work with.
Sweet Stamps Blog: Theme is Pearls. I have Pearls on the Butterflies and Flower centers.



Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

5 comments:

Lin said...

Yes, these colors are beautiful together, Theresa! Love your take on them!

Tina said...

beautiful card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Donna K said...

What a gorgeous design. I love the colors, those pretty butterflies AND flowers. Thank you for sharing your pearls with us at Sweet Stamps this week! Have a lovely weekend! Donna K

Sandy said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
- Sandy, DT Sweetie

Cathy P. said...

Your card is just stunning! it looks so crisp, clean and sophisticated. Love the way you stamped the hydrangea on the diagonal line of the square. It's a great use of space. Your take on the sketch is just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sketch Saturday. Cathy xx