Tuesday, April 7, 2015

One Layer Blowin' In the Wind


Hello!  One-Layer cards sound as if they should be so easy and quick to make but to get one just right often take many trials and time to make.  That is the case of this card.  I spent as much time in making this as a many layered and embellished card.  I had in mind what I wanted to achieve but had to try with silver as well as gold EP and also on different color CS.  The card that I finally decided on was on Heavyweight White card stock with Zing Silver EP and lightly sponged with Memento Summer Sky ink and a bit of coloring with a green pencil.  The stamps that I used were Repeat Impressions for the Dandelion and Flourishes Sentiment from Kid's Play set and I used Versamark ink for stamping.

Challenges:
One-Layer Simplicity Challenge:  Blowin' In the Wind-show wind on your card.  I immediately thought of this Dandelion stamp when I read this challenge.

On the right, I am showing another version of this card using Blue CS with the same Silver EP.













Remember the song Blowin' In the Wind.
Click on to listen:
 
I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

2 comments:

Karen D. said...

such a pretty example of wind!
Thanks for playing along Theresa.

LesLee said...

Beautiful card. Those soft subtle colors are gorgeous.