Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Inspiration


Hello! Did you read my teaser post on Friday about the inspiration that I found in the photo shown on the left?  No? Well, I challenged myself to make a card using this ad in WSJ as inspiration for a card design.  The result is shown below. I went all out with bling on the butterfly and flowers. I used GKD butterfly stamp from The Flight and flowers from Unforgettable.  The butterfly was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Gold EP. I colored with Pink Copics and attached the bling with Glossy Accents. I used Memento Rose Bud and Bamboo Leaves markers for the flowers...some of the stems were drawn in freehand.  Masking was used.  I added Glitter Domes to the center of the flowers.  I used Grass Green CS for the card base and Gold Metallic CS as a layer under the image.  All bling was from my stash.

Butterfly Inspiration
 
I decided not to add sentiment until I use the card.
Challenges to enter:
Mod Squad Challenge Blog: Use a butterfly as the focal point of a card.
Sweet Stamps Blog: Challenge # 216 is Flowers
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says April Showers and/or Spring Flowers.
AAA Cards: Game #37 It's Springtime
 I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa
 

9 comments:

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous blinged out butterfly! It makes a beautiful card. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

joy said...

Your card is lovely, Theresa - great inspiration photo!!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super elegant and fabulous Theresa, a great spring time card and thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. Sarah

Victoria Lavender said...

Sweet! Love your butterfly. Thanks for playing with us. Cheers, Victoria AAA cards

Victoria Lavender said...

Sweet! Love your butterfly. Thanks for playing with us. Cheers, Victoria AAA cards

Victoria Lavender said...

Sweet! Love your butterfly. Thanks for playing with us. Cheers, Victoria AAA cards

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wonderful take on your inspiration photo. Very springy! Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards!

Linda Beeson said...

Your butterfly is just right for our challenge, so glad you could join us at AAA Cards

Jill Vickers said...

Love the Springtime feel of this elegant card! Thanks so much for sharing it at AAA Cards! Jill