Monday, April 27, 2015

Hole in One


Hello!  For this card, I used some Hero Arts Water-based Markers that I won sometime ago.  I inked a stamp from GKD Pressed Flowers set and stamped on White glossy paper which a new technique for me. The ink dried almost instantly.  I love the effects of this. Using circle dies I cut the image and placed it in a hole cut in the top layer of the card.  The top layer of White CS was embossed with Cuttlebug EF Swiss Dots, the very first EF I owned. Sentiment is a MFP's stamp inked with Memento Rosebud ink.

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge: #198  This week's theme is Texture Me. To use your oldest embossing supply (folder, powder, or even a stylus and brass template). Used EF Swiss Dots.
AAA Cards: Game #38 CAS There's a Hole in my Card
CAS on Sunday:  Challenge #57 Theme White- make a card in white and use one other color.


Have a great day! I love reading your comments. Theresa

10 comments:

Jane said...

That is one gorgeous flower and I love the gentle pinks of your card. Swiss dots was one of my first embossing folders too and I don't think it's been bettered. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Donna said...

Very pretty card! Swiss dots is my all time favourite go to EF!
Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Texture Me" challenge!

Chana said...

That flower is just beautiful! I, too, am a big fan of swiss dots on anything. Nicely crafted! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely - fun added texture too - Thanks for joining in at AAA~

Jan Clothier said...

So sweet! Love the texture - it adds a lot to the card.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Swiss dots is one of the best embossing folders, so simple and yet so classy. Goes perfectly with the flower. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards! Jenny x

Zw@@n said...

Such an elegant card, Theresa. Beautiful colour and stamp! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

What a lovely clean and simple design-such a pretty flower :)
Best wishes,Nessa xxxx

Justine Hovey said...

The embossed background really makes the card. Thanks for playing over at AAA Cards! Justine

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love the details and the dots! I hope you join in for MANY chances to WIN prizes on the AAA Birthday BASH - Right NOW!!
Thanks for joining us!