Friday, April 3, 2015

100th Birthday

Hello!  I am sharing a card that I made for a friend whose Mother is celebrating her 100th Birthday on Sunday and she wanted a very personal card for the occasion.   What a wonderful celebration that will be!  And how many chances do we get in our lifetime to make a card for someone turning 100?
Since she is a quilter, we decided on a theme of quilts.  In my stash, I have been hoarding a Pattern Paper of Double Wedding Ring design which is perfect for this card.  After embossing a section of the pattern with Cuttlebug Wicker Weave EF to give it a quilted effect, I layered it on mats of Yellow and Blue  CS.   I printed the sentiment on Ivory CS and the word Mother on Vellum .  I assembled all these elements adding Lace, Blue Satin ribbon and bow, Pearls, Die cut frame for "Mother", and quilt panel on an Ivory card base.  I use Clear Star pen on the sentiment for a bit of shine on the Gold letters.  I used items all from my stash that I had collected over the years.

I decided to enter the card in a few Challenges:
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Simon says Happy Birthday.
Virginia's View Challenge: #14 Layers and Dimensions
Craft Your Passion Challenge: Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: Lots of Layers





I enjoy all your comments. Thank you. Theresa

4 comments:

Debby said...

wow 100th birthday. congratulations

thank you for sharing your card with us at FNF

hugs Debby

Teresa Kline said...

wow, an amazing card for an amazing celebration! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a wonderful milestone to celebrate! I LOVE the quilt on the card. My mother in law would LOVE this! Perfect card for our 'Lots of Layers' challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week. Thanks for joining in the fun with us. Happy Easter. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Olga Direktorenko said...

This card is simply stunning! I love the idea of quilted background plus a vellum label and the execution is just astonishing! I wish all the best to your friend's mother! People like her are such a good example for all of us!